HOW FAR DOES PUTIN HAVE TO GO BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY WILL ACT?
- How many more war crimes do we need to witness? We are already witnessing genocide on the streets of Europe.
- We are watching the systematic execution of a nation of 44 million people in the middle of Europe. Russian troops are executing village after village. Russian airstrikes are targeting foreign aid shipments and reaching ever closer to the borders of NATO Member States. Is that not enough?
- Putin’s troops are using bombs forbidden by the Geneva Convention. They are shooting dead women and children in the street. Is that not enough?
- Putin is using civilians as human shields. He is bombing maternity hospitals. The Ukrainian Government has been unable to evacuate women, children and the elderly from Mariupol, the epicenter of the war. Is that not enough?
- Hundreds of civilians are dying every day. Putin’s army is lawless. He does not respect the so-called ceasefires his negotiators have agreed. Is that not enough?
- The numbers of war dead are in their thousands. But precise numbers are impossible while bodies lie uncounted in mass graves, and many more lie buried under the rubble of fallen buildings. Is that not enough?
- Russia is targeting food supplies, and Ukrainians are dying of dehydration after Russia blocked access to water in bomb shelters and basements. Is that not enough?
- Russians are deliberately targeting and murdering journalists, in direct contravention of the Geneva Convention. Is that not enough?
- Russian soldiers are using rape as a weapon of war. Women and girls are brutalized then left for dead. Is that not enough?
- 1000s of babies are being born in subways and makeshift shelters, while bombs fly overhead. This is not a world into which anyone would want to bring new life. We should be ashamed of our inaction.
UKRAINE URGENTLY NEEDS:
- A no-fly zone.
- If not a no-fly zone, then guaranteed humanitarian corridors to let supplies in and get civilians to safety.
- Protection for Ukraine’s five nuclear power plants.
- Support with air and ground defenses, including by providing military aircraft and weapons systems.
- Support for a three-way aircraft deal with European Partners.
- Stronger economic sanctions to close the loopholes allowing Russian oligarchs and their businesses to continue to flourish in the West.
- Support for displaced Ukrainians, and help to avoid an escalating refugee crisis on Ukraine’s borders.
MAKE IT STOP
THE TIME FOR GLOBAL LEADERS TO ACT IS NOW:
This is an illegal invasion. ALL THE RED LINES HAVE BEEN CROSSED.
Help us to help ourselves. We are not asking for American soldiers to fight on Ukrainian soil. Give us the arms and a no fly zone. We will do the rest.
THIS IS GENOCIDE.
THE US LOOKS WEAK, EMBOLDENING THE WORLD IS WATCHING IN HORROR AS THIS NIGHTMARE UNFOLDS ON TV SCREENS AND SOCIAL MEDIA.
THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY IS EMBOLDENING DICTATORS WITH ITS INACTION: IT IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY ONE MAN’S EVIL AMBITIONS.
When Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons under the Budapest Agreement, the US promised to guarantee Ukraine’s sovereignty and security.
25 years later, that promise of protection has been broken.
While President Biden continues to talk about protecting NATO territory should Putin expand beyond Ukraine, Ukrainian civilians are being murdered in their thousands.